This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Italian Chicken and Tomato Pasta Toss

I got this one from Kraft Foods! Surprise, Surprise!

Ingredients:
3 cups curly egg noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes halved
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Cook noodles as directed on package

Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on med-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes or until cooked thru, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, dressing and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated thru.

Drain pasta. Toss with chicken mixture and basil; sprinkle with cheese.

My 2 cents worth on this one:
  • I am NOT a tomato person but my hubby is. This is a good compromise because I can easily pick out the tomatos and not eat them.
  • I didn't use basil and it was still good.
  • This is yummy and pretty quick to make.

No comments: