This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sweet & Sour Chicken Lo Mein / Ramen

I got this one from a site called The Official Ramen Homepage. It has tons of recipes that include Ramen Noodles (and those are cheap!).

Ingredients:
1 package Ramen (oriental or teriyaki)
1 extra ramen flavor packet (oriental or teriyaki)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up into bite sized pieces
1 small onion cut up into chunks
1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce

Take the cut up chicken and onions and cook in large pan until all the pink is gone in the chicken. Add the soy sauce and one flavor packet to the chicken and let cook as usual. Add the sweet and sour sauce to the chicken while the noodles boil. Once the noodles are finished, drain the water and add the other flavor packet. Put noodles on plate and then cover with chicken and onion mix.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • This is honestly not my favorite but it is really great for a different kind of meal that is not very expensive. And it IS good. Just not my favorite.
  • Hannah loves it - it DOES have noodles.
  • The part I like the least about this is the extra noodles I have afterwards because I had to use the seasoning packet. It is only 17 cents but still.

No comments: