This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Squash Casserole

I got this one from my Mom who, I think, got it from my Grandmom. Because of that, I don't have a lot of exact measurements. This is actually one of those VERY few recipes that you just put the amount you like of it and since I have had this all my life - I can, surprisingly, still make it even though there are not a lot of exact numbers. SO, I am going to try to tell this to you best I can.

Ingredients:
Yellow Squash Washed and Sliced (2-3 boxes of frozen Squash)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Bread Crumbs
1 egg
Milk

Cook Squash in water until tender.

Drain water and mash squash. Add shredded cheddar cheese to taste. Add small pieces of bread crumbs. Add egg. Mash all together. Add milk until creamy.

Pour this mixture in ungreased dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 until hot, cheese is melted, and firm consistency.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • This is yummy.
  • I grew up crumbling pieces of bread and putting in this but the last time I made it I used the store bought plain bread crumbs and Chris said it was much better with the store bought bread crumbs.
  • I put LOTS of cheese in this.
  • Hannah eats it up. This is a great way to get your little one to eat squash.

No comments: