This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Microwave Barbecue Meatloaf

I got this one from Kraft Foods.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
1/8 tsp black pepper

Remove 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce and set aside. Mix remaining ingredients until well blended.

Shape mixture into loaf in 12x8 microwavable dish; top with reserved 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Cover loosely with wax paper.

Microwave on HIGH 12-14 minutes or until cooked thru, turn dish after 7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into slices to serve.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • I am not a meatloaf fan. My husband is. This is a good compromise.
  • This is easy and does not take long.
  • My hubby loved it.
  • The BBQ sauce gives it a little something different.
  • I may put it in a smaller dish next time.

No comments: