This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chicken Tetrazzini

I got this one from a blog called the Happy Housewife. I was directed to this blog from my friend Kathy's blog.

Ingredients:
1 box of noodles
2 cooked and chopped chicken breasts
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 can of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

While the noodles are boiling, melt butter on a low heat in a frying pan. Add garlic, onion, zucchini, and carrots. Saute for about 3 minutes. Add soup, sourcream, milk, cheese and chicken. Stir over low heat, until noodles are done boiling. Drain noodles and add to the mixture. Toss well and serve immediately.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • We had large elbow noodles available and so I used those and they were great. However the picture had spaghetti noodles.
  • I did not use the carrots and it was still good.
  • This make a lot of food.
  • Yummy!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Mindy,
We have made this at least three times since we ate it at your house!! We love, love, love, it.
Also, we change the noodles around. This time we used bowtie pasta.
love
AW