This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Taco Salad

I got this one from my wonderful Mom!

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger meat
1/2 of a big bag of Doritos
1/2 head of lettuce
1/2 block of cheddar cheese shredded
1 can of whole corn (optional)
1 chopped tomato (optional)
Catalina dressing

Cut up lettuce and mix with cheese in a large bowl. Brown and drain meat and put in with lettuce cheese mixture. Mix in dressing to taste. Crush Doritos and add to salad. Add corn and tomato if desired. Mix in a little more dressing to taste. Serve immediately.

My 2 cents on this one:
  • One of my favorites of all time.
  • I use to ask for this for my birthday instead of cake!
  • I use corn but no tomatoes.
  • If you have left overs, refrigerate. When you want some more, add a little dressing and some more crushed Doritos to freshen it up.

1 comment:

JoniDH said...

And Mom got it from Vickie.....years ago! : )