This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas

I got this one from my good friend Elizabeth!

Ingredients:
7-8 chicken stripes cooked and cut up
1 1/2 cups of Monterey jack cheese
1 can of green chilies diced
1 cup of sour cream
1 can of enchilada sauce
1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese

Mix chicken, Monterey jack, chilies and sour cream together. Warm tortillas in skillet. Put filling in and roll them up. Spoon sauce over them. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Cook at 350 covered for 45-50 minutes.

My 2 cents on this one:
  • I cheated and used canned chicken and everyone still loved it.
  • I don't measure cheese - I just put a lot on it.
  • I didn't cover it (because I forgot) and it was OK.
  • My husband told me they were done after about 20 or 25 minutes and they seemed to be.

No comments: