This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Fiesta Chicken Pasta

I got this one from the Kraft Food and Family magazine.

Ingredients:
2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
1 Tbsp oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 cups chopped red peppers
1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook pasta as directed on package

Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir about 6 minutes. Add peppers, dressing, and chili powder; cook 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently. Stir in salsa and sour cream.

Toss pasta with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.


My 2 cents on this one:
  • This is one of my favorites that we make.
  • You don't really need anything to go with it.
  • I probably put lots more cheese on it and I stir in with the whole thing.
  • I have used red and green peppers and both are yummy.
  • When you put in the salsa and sour cream the mixture looks like something isn't right - trust it - it is RIGHT!! yummm!!

No comments: