This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ham and Swiss Stromboli

I got this one from Recipe Zaar. Gayle from Grocery Cart Challenge led me to it!

Ingredients:
1 11oz package refrigerated French bread dough
6oz thinly sliced deli ham
6 green onions, sliced (optional)
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2-4 tablespoons ranch dressing (optional)

Unroll dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place ham on dough, don't go all the way to the edge, leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch; spread ranch dressing over the ham; sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon, and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, start with the long side. Pinch edges to seal and tuck the ends under. Place the seam side down on the baking sheet.

Cut several slits on top of the loaf (about 1/4 inch deep). Bake at 350 for 26-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool a bit before slicing.

My 2 cents on this one:
  • This tasted really good!
  • If you want this as a quick come-home-from-work supper you may want to cook and crumble the bacon the night before and you may want to tell your 2 year old to stop whining and get out of the kitchen!
  • Chris thinks this may be better with Mozzarella cheese but he still like it the way it was.
  • I definitely included the onions and ranch and highly recommend you don't leave them out.
  • Unrolling that french bread dough was easier said than done for me but we got thru it!

No comments: