This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet

This one I got from the Kraft Food and Family magazine.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in 1 3/4 cup boiling water
2 cups red and/or green pepper strips
2 cups Minute White rice uncooked

Mix 1/4 cup of the dressing and the mustard in large nonstick skillet until blended; heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.

Stir in remaining 1/4 cup dressing, bullion, and peppers; cover. Simmer 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in rice; cover/ Simmer 5 minutes or until rice and peppers are tender.

Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed.


My 2 cents worth on this one:
  • The liquid has never been completely absorbed for me before I serve. I don't know if I just can't wait or what?
  • I am not usually a rice fan but I eat this up!! (And so does Chris and Hannah!)

No comments: