This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Saucy Parmesan Chicken

I got this one from the Kraft Foods Magazine.

Ingredients:
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup Italian Dressing
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Place all ingredients in a large resealable freezer weight plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with remaining ingredients. Lay flat so chicken does not overlap.

Refrigerate chicken 30 minutes to marinate. Preheat oven to 425. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Arrange chicken on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake chicken 20 minutes or until cooked thru.

Here is my 2 cents on this one:
  • I get my chicken out before I go to work and by the time I get back it is thawed.
  • I then marinade the chicken for a few minutes (with maybe a little more of the ingredients than it calls for), put the chicken on the pan and then pour the rest of the marinade out of the bag onto the tops of the chicken.
  • It seems so simple but every time we do it, either Chris or I will comment on how great it tastes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried this dish!!! I had to make dinner for houseguests the other night so I tried this recipe. I LOVED it and so did everyone else. :) Also - remember in college you use to always make this cheese dip? It had velvetta cheese and something else - it may have been salsa but I can't remember. Do you know what I am talking about? Can you tell me how to make that?