This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry

I got this one from Kraft Foods - again. I know I know... I really love this website and magazine!

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts but into bite size pieces
1 Tbsp oil
3 cups chopped fresh veggies (red or green bell peppers, baby carrots, mushrooms, snow peas)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup catalina dressing
2 Tbsp hoisin or soy sauce
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

Cook and stir check in hot oil in large skillet on high 3 minutes.

Add veggies and garlic; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.

Stir in remaining ingredients; cook an additional 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

My 2 cents on this one:
  • I serve this one with rice.
  • I use bell peppers only as my veggie and love it but I am sure any other veggie you want to use is great.
  • Even Hannah (2 years old) eats it so, despite the pepper it is not crazy spicy.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Thanks, Mindy! This site looks awesome. I'll be excited about trying these. Neat idea!

And of course I remember you. I'm glad you spoke up. I like to see that people are reading about, thinking of, and praying for us. Every prayer helps. Keep them coming. :)

Thanks again. I'm excited.
Patrice