This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Creamy Pasta Primavera

I got this one from Kraft Foods!

Ingredients
3 cups penne pasta
2 Tbsp Italian Dressing
1 1/2 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
2 Zucchini cut into chunks
1 Red Pepper chopped
1 1/2 cups cut up fresh asparagus
1 cup Chicken Broth
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta as directed on package

Meanwhile heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and veggies; cook 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru, stirring frequently. Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.

Drain pasta; return to pot. Add chicken veggie mixture; toss lightly. Cook 1 minute or until heated thru. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)

My 2 cents worth on this one:
  • I skipped out on the asparagus and we still loved the dish.
  • I used a green pepper instead of red and it was good.
  • We used bow tie pasta and it was great.

No comments: