This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pork Medallions Alfredo

I got this one from Kraft Foods. (I know everyone is surprised.)

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin (1 lb) cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil

Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned on both sides.

Add cream cheese, broth, dressing, parmesan cheese, and juice; stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Cook 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened and meat is cooked thru.

Sprinkle with basil.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • I used already cut pork and it was great.
  • This is so easy and I am so excited to have another meat in our rotation - not just chicken and hamburger meat.
  • I used the basil spice that you just buy and not fresh.. it was still good.
  • Hannah ate every piece of it on her plate. We told her it was pork with cheese and saying "cheese" hooked her. She loved loved loved it.
  • Did I say this was easy? It is. And very good.
  • I served it with noodles so we put noodles on our plate, a piece of pork on, and then spooned some of the extra sauce on top.

No comments: