This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4 Can Black Bean Chili

I got this one from Connie in a Recipe swap on the Grocery Cart Challenge Blog.

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Rotel
1 can of Mexican Corn (Or regular sweet whole corn)
1 can beef broth
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Don't drain the rotel or the corn. Heat all together on stove top. Serve in bowls with a scoop of sour cream on top or with shredded cheese. This goes well with tortillas, rice, cornbread or biscuits.

My 2 cents worth on this one:
  • I did not use cumin because I didn't have any and it was fine.
  • I used the Mexican corn and loved it. It gives it a little something extra, I think.
  • I fixed biscuits with this and had shredded cheese and sour cream and scoop fritos. It was YUMMY!
  • We had a friend over for supper and he said that he did not think it would be as good without the sour cream and cheese.
  • Hannah loved it and ate some with a spoon and some with chips.
  • Chris is a fan and would love to have it again.
  • This is really EASY!!

No comments: