This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Pound, Pound, and a Bottle

I got this one from another blog.

Ingredients:
1 lb of hamburger
1 lb of Velveeta Cheese
1 Bottle of green taco sauce

Brown the hamburger; Drain.

Cube the Velveeta cheese and add to meat in pan, when it starts to melt add the taco sauce. Stir well until cheese is melted and all is well blended. Serve with Lots of chips for dipping.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • I could not find anything at the store called "Green Taco Sauce" so I went with the brand she recommended and got La Victoria Salsa Verde and it was a medium size ( I think) bottle. I don't know how many ounces.
  • We used Tortilla chips.
  • This was very yummy and quick.
  • Hannah, my 2 year old, ate this meat dip with a spoon. She loved it.
  • Chris, my hubby, says that this is similar if not better than the meat cheese dip from Applebees and that it would be a GREAT "meal" for Monday Night Football get together.

No comments: