2 cups black beans, cooked
1 can corn drained
1 cup salsa
Combine black beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salsa in your crock pot. Stir. Place your choice of chicken pieces on top. (Boneless will cook quicker.) Spread the rest of the salsa on top of the chicken. Cook on low approx 5-6 hours until chicken pieces are done.
My 2 cents worth on this:
- We are not really a crockpot family. Because of our schedules crockpot recipes do not usually work out. Because of that we won't get to have this recipe as much as we wish we could.
- We thought this recipe was great - it may become a regular weekend meal since we can't do crockpot during the week.
- We used boneless skinless chicken breasts (4), thawed.
- I used canned black beans rinsed in cold water and drained.
- We put sour cream on top of it.
- It could have been used as a chicken dip and spread over tortilla chips, with shredded cheese and sour cream on top.
- Because of all that, we only had to cook it for 4 hours on low.