This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lu's Tuna Noodle Casserole

I got this one from Recipezaar!

Ingredients:
2 (7.25 oz) boxes of macaroni and cheese dinner mix
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
1 (6 oz) can of tuna, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook both boxes of Mac and Cheese noodles only.
Drain noodles.
Slice 6 tablespoons of butter into 6 separate pats and place in 9x13 baking dish.
Add drained noodles, cheese sauce mix, and milk to baking dish. Stir well.
Add soup. Stir well.
Add tuna and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir well.
Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • This was yummmy and inexpensive.
  • Hannah, my 2 year old, asked for more.
  • Makes lots. Enough for all of us to have it for lunch the next day.
  • I am not sure why you can not add the sauce mix packet, milk, and butter to noodles like you are making mac and cheese. I think it would be easier to stir that way??

No comments: