This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Beef Mexican Casserole

This is from one of my favorite people in the world... Mrs Barbara Jones

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 canned mexican styled stewed tomatoes
1 can whole kernal corn
2 pkges cornbread mix

Brown beef until crumbly.  Drain.  Stir in dry taco seasoning mix.  Add tomatoes and corm.  Bring to a soft boil, stirring frequently.  Pour into 2 greased quart casseroles.  Prepare corn bread mixes according to pkg directions.  Carefully pour cornbread batter over ground beef mixture. 

Bake 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

((I spread butter on top of it when it gets out of the oven.))

No comments: