This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baked Zucchini Squares

I got this one from AllRecipes.com and, once again, my mom actually found it!

Ingredients:
1 cup biscuit/baking mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced

In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, basil and salt. Combine eggs, oil and onion; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cut into squares.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • This was SO much better than I thought it would be. It is SO good!!
  • Use Jiffy cornbread mix instead of biscuit mix and it is YUMMY!
  • If you don't have basil - don't worry it is still good!
  • Be prepared for everyone to fall in love with this dish!

No comments: