This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Zucchini Macaroni Casserole

I got this recipe from my Grandmom.

1.5 cup zucchini
1 tbsp butter
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/4 cup milk
1.5 cup cooked drained macaroni
1.5 cup cottage cheese
1/8 tsp garlic
3/4 cup french fried onions
In 2 quart saucepan heat milk, and add the Velveeta cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the remaining ingredients except the French fried onions. Pour mixture into a greased 1.5 quart casserole. Bake at 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the french fried onions. Return to oven 3-5 minuts longer. Serve Immediately.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • Awesome.
  • Adults loved it. Kids loved it.
  • I had to ignore that there was cottage cheese in it because I think that is gross.
  • It is Yummmy.
  • ((If you accidentally put too much cheese in it... ahemm... it is still really good.))

No comments: