This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stuffed Zucchini

I got this recipe from my mom who got it from her mom. So, I suppose I should have just said I got this from my Grandmom!

Ingredients:
3lbs med size zucchini
1 small onion chopped
1 tbsp butter
2 large tomatoes and chopped
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground oregano
pepper to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
grated Parmesan cheese
Scrub whole zucchini, cut ends off. Cook in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, slice lengthwise in half, scoop out centers, set pulp aside.
Saute onion in butter, add zucchini pulp, tomato, and seasonings, and simmer 10 minutes.
Add bread crumbs and simmer a few minutes longer. Fill zucchini shell with mixture. Top with cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • This was not my favorite.
  • My mom and I poured out a little of the juice from the Zucchini pulp and it ended up a little dry so we think we should not have done that.
  • The tomato taste was a little strong for me but Chris liked it OK.

No comments: