This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Mock Apple (Zucchini) Cobbler

I had a huge zucchini and I had no idea what to do with it so my friend Becca sent me this recipe.

ZUCCHINI MIX:
Ingredients:
2/3 cup lemon juice
8 cup zucchini
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

Peel and take out seeds of zucchini. Cut into cubes. Put in saucepan and add lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon. Simmer until tender.


CRUMB MIX:
Ingredients:
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 sticks of butter

Mix all ingredients together and add half of crumb mixture to zucchini mix. Divide the rest in half. Pat half of mix on bottom and 9x13 inch pan and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

Pour zucchini mix over crust and spread it out. Add remaining crumb mix over top. Bake for 35 minutes.

My Two Cents Worth:
  • I am not a cobbler/pie fan so for me, it was OK.
  • My hubby loved it.
  • I promise you can fool anyone with this. I was surprised too. Everyone would think this is apple. Promise.
  • Really fun to take somewhere to see people's reactions.
  • The crust is to die for. Before or after you cook it. Fattening but GOOD!

No comments: