This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mexican Chicken

I think I got this one from pinterest but I am not completely sure.  If you find out where I got it let me know so I can credit them.  I definitely did NOT make this up myself.

Ingredients:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup enchilada sauce
4 ounces cheddar cheese
3 green onions chopped

Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning, then grill or saute it.

Cut chicken into cubes and place in a greased 8x8 baking dish.  Season with salt to taste.

Add enchilada sauce and toss to coat the chicken.

Sprinkle with cheese over the chicken.

Bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes until hot and bubbly.

Scatter the green onions over top.

My 2 cents worth:
  • I never measure cheese - just cover!  :)
  • The first time I made this everyone loved it but wished they had a taco to put it in.  Now I make this on taco night when I don't want to do beef (or in addition to).
  • I think this is perfect for a chicken taco salad!  yummmmmmy!

No comments: