This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

I got this one from my very close friend Rebecca!  She has great easy quick recipes!

Ingredients:
2 chicken breast on the bone
1 cup sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 stick of butter, melted
6 servings of rice prepared

Boil chicken breasts for 1 hour.  Shred chicken.

Prepare Rice.

Combine chicken, sour cream, soup, rice, and poppy seeds and pour into 9x13 casserole dish.  Sprinkle the cracker crumbs over top and pour butter over the crumbs. 

Bake 350 for 40 minutes.  Allow casserole to set for 5 to 10 minutes. 

My 2 Cents Worth:
  • I use canned chicken.
  • I do not add the rice.
  • I serve the poppy seed chicken and rice separate.
  • Yummmmmmmmmmmy!

No comments: