This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pizza Pasta Casserole

I got this one from a wonderful friend Mrs Barbarba Jones.
TCH Boys have nicknamed this "Pizzagna".

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion chopped
2 (28oz) jars spaghetti sauce
1 (8oz) can tomatoe sauce
1 (16oz) spiral pasta cooked and drained
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz sliced pepperoni

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink.  Drain.  Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, and pasta.

Transfer to 2 greased 9x13 casserole dishes.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Arrange pepperoni over the top. 

Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated thru.

If you want you can freeze one for up to 3 months before cooking.  To Use Frozen Casserole:  Thaw in fridge overnight.  Bake uncovered on 350 for 35-40 minutes or until heated thru.

My 2 Cents Worth:
  • BIG HIT!
  • It is said to be a favorite regularly!
  • No need to measure cheese and pepperoni - just cover!  :)
  • I've never frozen one so I am not sure how that turns out.

No comments: