This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Monday, June 21, 2010

French Breakfast Puffs

I got this one from The Pioneer Woman. I am so excited I have her cookbook!

Ingredients

PUFFS
3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 cup milk

COATING
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven at 350. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.

In a separate large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Add the eggs and mix again.

Alternate adding 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/3 of the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.

Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden. Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside.

To make the coating, melt the butter in a bowl or glass pan. In a separate container, combine the sugar and cinnamon.

Dip the warm muffins in the butter, coating thoroughly then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. "Don't be afraid to really coat'em up!" (Quote from PW)

My 2 Cents Worth
  • Just do it!
  • Eat Them!
  • Yummmmy!

No comments: