This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gooey Butter Cake

I got this from my friend Jeanna.

1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted

Preheat over 350. Lightly grease a 13x9 pan. Combine cake mix, egg, and melted butter. Mix well and pat into bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.

1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 (16 oz) box confectioners' sugar
1 stick butter, melted

Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Dump in confectioners' sugar and beat well. Reduce speed of mixer and slowly pour in butter. Mix well. Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey so don't bake it past that point. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares.

My 2 cents worth:
  • If you cook it too long it is not as good. You want it gooey.
  • It is made to eat not right out of the oven so make it early to take somewhere or when people are coming over.
  • It is called BUTTER cake - it IS good!!

No comments: