This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

German Coffee Cake

I got this from my friend Kendra.

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and vegetable oil together. Remove 1/3 of the mix and set aside.

Mix remaining ingredients together and add to the remaining 2/3 of the first mixture. Mix together until smooth.

Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Crumble the mixture which was set aside over the top.

Bake at 325 for 20 to 30 minutes or until middle is firm to touch.

My 2 cents worth:
  • This is yummy! Be careful, I can not stop eating it!
  • This is good even if it is not hot out of the stove so it could be good to take somewhere.

No comments: