This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Catalina Chicken Stir Fry

I got this one from Kraft Foods!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Catalina Dressing
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bitesize pieces
1 pkg frozen mixed veggies, thawed, drained
4 cups hot cooked white rice

Mix dressing, soy sauce, and garlic powder in large skillet until well blended. Add chicken, mix lightly. Cook and stir on med-high heat for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru.

Add mixed veggies; cover/ Reduce heat to med-low. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.

Serve over the rice.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • I am not a fan of Catalina dressing except in Taco Salad. However, that is why I had it in the house and since I had all the ingredients in the house is why I tried this. This was yummy.
  • It does have a little kick. Not necessarily spice. Just kick.
  • I had to modify a little. I used frozen fajita chicken and fresh copped veggies but it still worked out great.
  • I could definitely do this again for a stir fry night!

No comments: