This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Creamy Bow-Tie Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli


This is really what the name of this recipe is at KraftFoods.com. Very original - Don't you think?

Ingredients:
3 cups bow tie pasta
4 cups broccoli florets
3 Tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 lbs)
2 garlic gloves minced
2 cups tomato basil spaghetti sauce
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli to the cooking water for the last 3 minutes of the pasta cooking time. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add Chicken and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru.

Drain pasta mixture; return to pan and set aside. Add pasta sauce and cream cheese to chicken in skillet; cook on med-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted, mixture is well blended and chicken is coated in sauce, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Add sauce mixture; mix well. Transfer to 6 serving bowls.

Cut chicken crosswise into thick slices; fan out chicken over pasta mixture in each bowl. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan Cheese.

My 2 cents worth on this:
  • You can use frozen brocolli.
  • I don't do the fancy presentation. I just mix it all up and serve.
  • It looks like a lot but it is really easy and very very good.
  • I usually cook a whole box of pasta just to have extra.

No comments: