This is a place I can organize recipes that my family has tried and likes. I did not make any of these recipes up myself - I am terrible in the kitchen and needed a place to help with my organization. Feel free to use this site and comment on the recipes you try!!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pizza Cups

I got this recipe from our congregation's cook book.

Ingredients:
3/4 lb ground beef
6 oz tomato paste
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 oz can refrigerated layer biscuits
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown and drain beef.
Stir in tomato paste, onion, and seasoning.  Mixture will be thick.
Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Separate and place biscuits in a greased muffin tin, pressing to cover bottom and sides.
Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture into biscuit lined cups.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 400 for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

My 2 cents worth:
  • I am not a fan.  It is a little sloppy joe-ish to me.
  • The TCH boys, my hubby, and both my kids LOVE it and ask for it!
  • The biscuit lining is the hardest.  Cooking it for a lot of people is not easy to me.
  • I just cover in cheese - no measuring necessary!  :)

No comments: